Book your place now
8 weeks - 12 months
This course is conducted over the internet.
(Price includes GST)
Phone Training Provider:
08 8212 4555
This Certificate III in Childrens Services Training Course covers workers who use organisation policies, procedures and individual children's profiles to plan activities and provide care to children, facilitating their leisure and play and enabling them to achieve their developmental outcomes. Depending on the setting, workers may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
This Certificate III in Childrens Services Training Course will cover the following subjects:
Certificate III in Children's Services is made up of 15 Units of study, divided into 11 compulsory and 4 elective units. Our range of electives is based on our experience, knowledge and understanding of what employers and the industry are most looking for. There can be some variation to the range of elective units.
• Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
• Ensure the health and safety of children
• Provide care for children
• Contribute to the provision of nutritionally balanced food in a safe and hygienic manner
• Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework
• Support the development of children
• Interact effectively with children
• Provide experiences to support children's play and learning
• Develop understanding of children's interests and developmental needs
• Apply First Aid * This needs to be obtained locally and is not included in the price of our course
• Contribute to OHS processes
• Provide care for babies
• Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers
• Participate effectively in the work environment
• Work effectively with families to care for the child
• Support behaviour of children and young people
• Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander families to participate in children’s services
At the end of the Certificate III in Childrens Services Training Course participants will be able to be:
• Child care assistant
• Playgroup supervisor
• Family day care worker
• Child care worker
• Outside school hours care assistant*
• Recreation assistant*
• Mobile assistant
* Some jurisdictions may require CHC41208 Certificate IV in Children's Services (Outside school hours care) for these work roles
Students must be able to read, write and have a commitment to learning. Students also need to obtain a Police Check prior to commencing work-placement. Assessments will be conducted throughout the course, with some occurring in the workplace.
This is an online course that uses a Learning Management System. Some work placement is required. Students need to obtain a Police Check prior to commencing work-placement.
Assessments will be conducted throughout the course, with some occurring in the workplace.
The course fee includes online study materials, work placement, job search and referrals to work.
$500 is paid prior to commencement of the course followed by Ezidebit monthly payments.
If you need further information contact Startnextweek.com.au on 1300 728 102