Book your place now
8:15 AM - 5:00 PM
Adelaide TBA, IIR will contact you with adress information upon booking, Adelaide, SA 5000
(Price includes GST)
Phone Training Provider:
02 9080 4000
Contract Administration is a broad term used to describe a variety of responsibilities in the management of contractual relationships between parties. At the core of each responsibility is the contract. The terms of the contract will define the process and the outcomes required of that process. Therefore, fundamental to effective contract administration is a thorough understanding of the contract.
This training course will take participants through the formation and interpretation of contracts as the rules of engagement between parties embarking on a project. The course then explores the processes of administration and management of the contract throughout the course of a project.
This course will take participants through the formation and interpretation of contracts as the rules of engagement between parties embarking on a project, and the processes of administration and management of the contract throughout the course of a project.
Participants will also review the contract administrator’s role and responsibilities, contractual procedures and reporting systems for monitoring compliance - as an integral interface between contract administration and project management.
Finally the claims process as a fundamental concept in contract administration, the course examines in detail the most common claims; namely, variations, delays and defects.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• All personnel involved in the administration or management of contracts
• Project managers required to either perform contract administration or to interface directly with administration personnell
• All builders, contractors, subcontractors or suppliers entering into contracts for reward
• Architects, engineers, designers or other consultants charged with administering contracts for clients
• Developers, government bodies or utilities regularly carrying out projects as a contracting party
• Learning the Importance of Contract Administration and the Implications of Getting it Right or Wrong
• The Contract
• Contract Planning
• The Claims Process
• Claims in Detail
• The Contract Administrator’s Relationships and Responsibilities
• Contract Administration and Project Management
• Effective Communication to Make Things Happen Systematically
• Appreciate the importance of effective contract administration
• Understand the relationship between project management and contract administration
• Examine the process of entering into contractual relationships
• Understand contracts: how to read, interpret and evaluate them
• Examine the key aspects of contract administration and the claims process
• Appreciate the contractual issues surrounding variations, delays and defects
• Appreciate contract compliance issues in project management
• Analyse effective document control, reporting and communication systems
• Introduce cooperative negotiation skills for dispute avoidance and resolution
Let us help you make your training more, relevant, interactive, personalized and entertaining. Join organisations such as Mitsubishi Motors, BT Financial Group, Telstra, Toll Group, DoTaRs, Department of Defence and many more…
By delivering you a program that’s tailored to your needs we can also save you up to 50% of normal course costs. From Presentation Skills to Contract Management, we deliver training and development solutions that listens to your business needs.
All our programs can be customised and delivered for you on-site or off, at a time that’s convenient to you. What’s more we listen to your needs and are experts at designing and delivery of unique “custom-built” training programs.