Book your place now
8:15 AM - 5:00 PM
Adelaide Hyatt Regency, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000
(Price includes GST)
Phone Training Provider:
02 9080 4000
Commercial arrangements sealed with signatures or handshakes are part of daily life for most professionals, even across industries and sectors. They remain good business practice because they ’re built on enforceable principles of contract law.
Yet with vaguely expressed contracts, unclear offers or acceptance, or even with questions of consideration or undue influence, contractual disputes are still commonplace.
Contract Law Fundamentals for Non-Lawyers is an intensely practical two day course that will guide you through the essentials of contract law, exploring such details as when you need a contract, what types of contract exist and the effect of statutory law on your contractual arrangements.
It covers the crucial ingredients required for a good contract, provides tips for understanding contractual material, and looks at the traps and pitfalls of contract drafting. Importantly, Contract Law also scrutinises what happens when things go wrong, including offering options for assessing damages and remedies for breach, and looks at the contractual implications of working in an e-commerce environment.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This training course is relevant for ALL those who have some dealings with contracts in their every day business environment. Relevant people could range from contract advisors who work with contracts every day, to general managers, to CEO’s, to marketing managers and business development managers.
• The Essential Ingredients
• Capacity Issues
• Creating Legal Contracts
• What Kinds of Contracts are there?
• Constructing Good Contracts
• Effect of Statutory and Common Law on Your Contract
• Estoppel - Knowing When and How to Use it
• Statutory Impact on Contract Law
• Setting Aside Contracts
• Remedies for Breach
• Assessing Damages
• Gain the tools, knowledge and means to effectively handle and develop legally astute and advantageous contracts
• Implement strategies to ensure your contracts are plainly expressed and well risk-managed
• Protect your interests if things go wrong in the future
• Clearly understand the force of your contractual obligations
• Identify clauses which can be used to effectively manage risk
• Recognise the optimal times to exert the power of the clauses in your contracts
• Appreciate what constitutes a good contract and why
• Ensure that your organisation has a high level of ‘contractual governance’
• Understand the contractual implications of practical e-commerce
Let us help you make your training more, relevant, interactive, personalized and entertaining. Join organisations such as Mitsubishi Motors, BT Financial Group, Telstra, Toll Group, DoTaRs, Department of Defence and many more…
By delivering you a program that’s tailored to your needs we can also save you up to 50% of normal course costs. From Presentation Skills to Contract Management, we deliver training and development solutions that listens to your business needs.
All our programs can be customised and delivered for you on-site or off, at a time that’s convenient to you. What’s more we listen to your needs and are experts at designing and delivery of unique “custom-built” training programs.